Friday 14 December 2012

.: POEM: About Mariam/Maryam

My name is “Maryam”, the name of the Prophet Jesus’ mother.
Alhamdulillah I’m a wife of a medical doctor.
I was born in Saudi Arabia in nineteen eighty six.
The language I use, since birth, e’en with my parents is English.
Alhamdulillah with them I’ve travelled to many countries –
From Saudi Arabia, Qatar, the Egyptian pyramids,
Cool countries like England and France, Denmark and U. S. of A.
Indonesia, Singapore and Malaysia where we once planned to stay.
I believe in Allah, I always seek knowledge of Islam,
I love reading Islamic books and teach Islam when I can,
I too enjoy poetry –have been writing since my early teens.
Had a few writings published in a Saudi Fun Times magazine.
I’m friendly in general. I don’t start fights for no reason.
You can tell I dislike someone when I snub or avoid them.
I’m against suicide bombings, against all acts of injustice.
I love the Messenger Muhammad (SallAllahu ‘alaihi wa sallam) and all of God’s Prophets like Jesus and Moses.
I believe that silence is better than constant chit-chatting,
And that enjoining good deeds is better than simply sighing.
I believe that when someone is rude to you they’re just jealous,
And sticking to Islam and good manners is always a must.
If my friends from school were to see me they’d think I’ve changed so much –
Many things I’ve abandoned and wrongdoings my limbs once touched.
I am Maryam –a Muslim and a friend you can always trust.

No comments:

Post a Comment